Recipe: Vegetarian Tacos
If I were to tell you that I've never had tacos, would you believe me? Well, it's true. I've NEVER had tacos. The reason behind this is my vegetarianism. I've always thought that tacos had to be stuffed with ground meat and I've never thought about a vegetarian or vegan option.
But last week when I was grocery shopping, I ended up in the vegan aisle and noticed some interesting products. One of them was the Mexican Veggie Round Ground from Yves Veggie Cuisine. It read: "Perfect for chili, nachos, burritos, tacos, and fajitas". And boom, an idea was born.
These tacos are beyond delicious and so easy to make.
- Mexican Veggie Ground Round from Yves Veggie Cuisine
- A small onion
- 1TBS of olive oil
- Crunchy taco shells
- Cheese (vegans can opt for dairy-free cheese)
- In a sauce pan heat 1 TBS of olive oil. When the pan is hot, thrown in the chopped onion and cooked until translucent
- Add the Mexican Veggie Ground Round and cook for a couple of minutes. Set aside
- Into each taco shell, put the cooked Mexican Veggie Ground Round
- Pour some salsa
- Top it with sliced avocados and cheese
P.S. Don't forget to follow me on instagram @candied_chocolate