Recipe: Low Carb Chocolate Waffles
I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I woke up this morning at 6:30am energized as a kid on Christmas morning. So I decided to go jogging around my neighbourhood despite the fact it was supposed to be my rest day. I only jogged for 35 minutes because it was -17 degrees Celsius and my butt cheeks were kind of freezing.
While I was jogging I was deeply thinking about my breakfast (because you know, breakfast is the most important thing ever). And then I thought, why not make waffles?
These waffles are amazing! They're low carb and low fat, and they're crispy!
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein (I used PEScience)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 TBS of unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or any kind of milk)
- 1 TSP of baking powder
- 1 TBS of spelt flour/coconut flour
- Mix all the ingredients by hand and let the batter stand for a few minutes
- Heat up your waffle iron and grease it with coconut oil
- Pour in the batter and cook until golden and crispy
- Remove and add your favorite toppings
*My favorite toppings: fruits, melted chocolate, peanut butter, and Walden Farms pancake syrup.
Don't forget to follow me on instagram @candied_chocolate