Recipe: Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal
Happy Sunday everyone!
It's finally a beautiful day in Montreal. It's warm and sunny, which makes me extremely happy. And do you know what I do when I'm happy? I either cook or bake! This morning I woke up very energetic and ready to experiment a little in my kitchen. I'd been craving an apple pie for quite some time now, so I decided to make something that would resemble it -- taste wise of course.
So ladies and gentlemen, I present you my Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal. It's such a great breakfast idea let me tell you. It left my entire apartment smelling like a summer day.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 grated apple
- Splash of egg whites
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Crushed nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc...)
- 1 tsp of maca powder (optional)
- Sweetener (maple syrup, agave syrup, honey ... whatever you like)
- Preheat the oven to 370°F
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients separately
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet one
- Stir properly
- Pour the oatmeal into an oven dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes
Don't forget to follow me on instagram @candied_chocolate