Recipe: Chocolate Butterscotch Cookie Butter Pancakes
Every Saturday, I wake up with a strong urge to have pancakes. Not just any kind of pancakes, but pancakes that are foodporn-worthy. During the week, my diet is always on point. I eat 5 to 6 healthy meals a day and I always make sure to get enough protein, carbs, and fat. On the weekend, however, it's a completely different story. On the weekend, I like to indulge. HARD. I mean, I kinda deserve it.
So this Saturday is brought to you by Chocolate Butterscotch Cookie Butter pancakes! Woooow, that sounds heavenly, don't you think?
- 1 scoop of whey protein (I used chocolate)
- 2 TBS of spelt flour
- 1 TSP of baking powder
- 1 TBS of powdered peanut butter
- 2 TBS of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet and then combine them. Don't over-mix.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your pan over medium heat and add a little bit of coconut oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form and then flip and cook the other side.
For the toppings, as I always say, add whatever your heart desires. Today, I choose melted chocolate, Nuts N' More cookie butter, butterscotch chips, and a few nana slices.
Enjoy guys and don't forget to follow me on instagram @candied_chocolate