Recipe: Cheesy Zucchini Fritters
People always go through my Instagram page and assume I only eat pancakes and waffles. Well, here's a big revelation: I don't. As much as I love sweet foods, I also enjoy savoury foods. I mean, who doesn't like pasta or pizza or French fries? Right? Unfortunately, those kinds of food can't be eaten on a regular basis if we want to stay somewhat lean and keep our cholesterol in check. What we can do, however, is make healthy fast food alternatives. One great example, at least in my opinion, are zucchini fritters. They're great if you're a lover of French fries or anything fried for that matter.
So here's an easy and scrumptious recipe of cheesy zucchini fritters for you my hungry folks.
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- a handful of grated cheese (I used cheddar)
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- a dash of salt & pepper
- Grate a zucchini in a bowl and squeeze out the liquid.
- Put everything in a food processor (including the zucchinis) and blend. But don't overblend.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Optional: Top it with more ricotta cheese and sriracha hot sauce.