Recipe: Vegan Broccoli Soup
Welcome back to my blog. Today, I decided to surprise you by doing something completely different. For the past few months, I've been posting pancake and waffle recipes, which has led a few peeps to think that my diet isn't very varied. Well you know what? Those guys are wrong. I actually cook a lot of different dishes. I just don't share them because they're top secret ;) But today I decided to reveal one of them.
Many people don't know, but I'm a pretty good soup maker. One of my favorite soups of all time is my Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup. Don't let the cream part fool you. There"s actually no diary involved. So I'm going to share my secret recipe with you today. All I ask in return is to give me credit if you decide to make it and post it on your social media accounts.
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli broccoli
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed (depending on how garlic-y you want the soup to be)
- 5 cups of water
- salt and pepper
- Cut your broccoli into florets and cut your zucchini and potatoes into pieces (don't make the pieces too small) and put everything into a soup-pot.
- Add 5 cups of boiling water and start to cook on low/medium heat.
- Add the vegetable bouillon cube.
- Cook until your vegetables are soft.
- Once your vegetables are soft, remove the pot from the heat and blend up the soup with an emersion blender until you get a creamy consistency.
- Put your soup back on the stove and allow the soup to simmer a bit more.
- Add your pressed garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup in a bowl and serve with croutons.
Bon appétit friends!