Have you ever wondered how to make spanakopita? Well, you don't have to anymore because I'm here to provide you with the easiest recipe on this planet.
- Pastry Puff
- Ricotta Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add your chopped onions and cook until soft and lightly brown
- Stir in your spinach and continue to cook until it is limp
- Add ricotta cheese and stir everything
- Add some pressed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir more and put it aside
- Cut your puff pastry into squares. But before you do that make sure you unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface
- Fill each square with the ricotta-spinach filling
- Once that’s done, use a pastry brush or a spatula and brush your puff pastry with an egg yolk
- Fold the squares over the filling to form triangles and brush tops with more yolk
- Bake on a lightly grease baking sheet for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
And to make it even easier, here's a full video with step-by-step instructions :) Enjoy!