Recipe: Coconut Matcha Energy Balls
A couple of days ago, I received the matcha collagen from Vital Proteins. At first, I didn't really know what to do with it. I've never been a huge fan of matcha. I've never understood why people would waste their dollars on a Starbucks matcha latte. So I really had to think hard about how I would use this product. After brainstorming for some days, I came up with the idea of using it to make energy balls.
So was it a good idea? It wasn't just a good idea. It was a genius idea. Here's the recipe lovelies:
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of almonds
- 2 TBS of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 3 TBS of shredded coconut
- A splash of unsweetened almond milk
- Soak your dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Form little balls
- Optional: roll them in more shredded coconut
- Leave it to set overnight in the fridge.