Recipe: Açaí Bowl
When it's 35 degrees Celsius, what better way to cool down than with a big delicious açaí bowl. If only it didn't cost a fortune. From what I know, the price of an açaí bowl can range from $8 to $12. That's quite a lot, isn't it? But did you know you can make your own bowl of heaven at the comfort from your home? It's quick. It's easy. And most of all, it's delish!
I've tried a couple of recipes before I got it right. So here you are lovelies...
- 1 frozen açaí berry packet
- 1 frozen banana
- A handful of frozen raspberries (this adds a bit of sourness)
- A splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional toppings: fruits (strawberries, blueberries, banana slices), peanut butter and granola
- Before opening your açaí packet, run it under hot water for a couple of seconds
- Place everything in a blender (besides the toppings of course) and blend on high speed
- If you find it too thick, just add more unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pour the açaí purée in a bowl and serve it with your favorite toppings
As you can see, this recipe is not only extremely quick and easy to put together but it's also obviously cheaper than the restaurant-bought version.